Does your non-profit or charitable organization have volunteers meriting special recognition? Click here for information on how to go about it!
Here's how it works:
- Volunteers may be selected for an award in one of several categories: Individual; Group; Disaster Volunteer; or Length of Service.
- It is up to the nominating organization to make the determination that the individuals they submit are deserving of the honor based on their exceptional commitment to volunteerism. The state does not further review the applicants’ qualifications.
- Submit nominations by April 4. There is a nominal cost to the organization to defray the expense of the pin, but the local ceremony is handled completely by volunteers with room rental and cost of refreshments covered by the local business sponsor, Warner Family Dentistry of Council Bluffs.
- An award certificate and commemorative pin will presented to each by the Governor and Lieutenant Governor at a ceremony in Council Bluffs in the summer. Those recognized will receive a copy of their photograph with the Governor and Lt. Governor.The awards ceremony will be held at Iowa Western Community College in June or July. Following the program there will be a reception outside the auditorium during which the award recipients can chat with Governor Branstad and Lt. Governor Reynolds in an informal setting.
- Submit your nominations at Volunteer Iowa